We are very excited to announce that work will be starting in the practice from the end of this week (11/11/21) to build an extension. Once complete it will give the practice some much needed extra space and a refresh to some of the existing areas. It is anticipated that the build programme will take at least 6 months.
This does of course mean that while it is taking place that there will be some disruption;
The contractors will require to section off approximately a third of the car park meaning there will be in a big reduction in parking spaces available. There will also be workmen on site using spaces too. We therefore ask that you bear this in mind when you are attending the practice and travel on foot where possible. Spaces will be blocked off with cones to ensure that staff can get parked – we ask that you please do not use these spaces.
There will, at times, be noise due to the building work – we apologise for any inconvenience caused.
There will be various different phases and at times we may need to use different entrances/close the waiting room etc whilst works are taking place – all information will be posted on the website and in the practice windows in due course.
From Wednesday 22nd September 2021 we will have our waiting room open:
- Any patient suffering with covid19 or if you have any symptoms – a new cough, a temperature or a loss of sense of taste or smell, you must not enter the building.
- If you have been in contact with a positive case, please do not enter the building.
- If you have been told by the Doctor that you are a red zone patient – you must not enter the building. Please wait in your car/outside and contact us via the phone.
- If you have a face to face appointment booked and you develop COVID symptoms please do not attend the practice and call us to re-arrange the appointment.
- Please do not arrive early for your appointment – please arrive on time.
- The front doors and windows in the waiting room will be open at all times to increase airflow therefore we advise that you wear appropriate clothing as it may be cooler than previously.
- Patients can check in either at the intercom at the main front entrance or at the front reception desk.
- Appointments cannot be booked in person – patients must still call in to book appointments. We need to limit the number of people physically in the reception area for the protection of all and to adhere to the 1 meter distancing as required by Scottish Government guidance.
- If a patient is only dropping off - Scripts, letters and samples etc, these should still go through the side door letterbox. Again this is to limit the number of people in the building.
- If someone is collecting and dropping off then please come to the reception desk.
- There will no longer be the facility to speak to reception at the side door. If you need to speak to reception, please use the intercom at the main entrance or come into the reception desk.
- If you want a confidential conversation, please contact us over the phone or advise reception that you wish to have a confidential conversation and ask reception to call you back.
- Please adhere to 1 meter distancing at all times.
- Face coverings are mandatory in healthcare settings, please continue to wear one.
- Please follow the signage about distancing and where to sit.
Please wear a face covering if you are attending the practice for an appointment.
If you are unwell or have a COUGH, FEVER or LOSS OF TASTE OR SMELL, or have been in contact with anyone who has DO NOT COME TO THE PRACTICE. Follow Government advice about staying at home and contact us via the phone if you feel very unwell or breathless.
Prescriptions should be ordered online and can be sent to a local pharmacy for you to collect and sick notes will be posted out.
You can download an isolation note here.
(Site updated 24/11/2021)