We have a restricted list and ONLY accept new patients if they are:
- New babies of existing patients
- Immediate family members of existing patients who are living at the registered patient’s address (and are not registered at another practice).
- Temporary resident.
- People who have been assigned/allocated to us - No patient moving into an area will be left without a GP and so if you can’t find another practice with space please call 0345 300 1024 – option 4 to be allocated a GP surgery – and it may be with us.
Before you call them you will need to contact all the practices that cover your address. Whilst NHS Lothian would like all patients to be able to register with their nearest practice this may not be possible or may take some time until the list turnover allows them to register. You can find a list of practices by calling the NHS Inform helpline 0800 22 44 88 or using the Service Directory at www.nhsinform.scot
How to Register
If you fall into one of the categories above please complete a pre-registration form and medical questionnaire.
You can do these online or print them out and bring them to reception after 10.30am Tuesday – Friday.
(Note - we can't give a guarantee for keeping information safe when submitting online).
You will be invited to the practice for a new patient check-up/assessment.
What you need to bring on your first visit (either to register or your new patient assessment):
- Your Health Board medical card.
- Your completed registration form and questionnaire (if not done online)
- 2 separate forms of identification, one of which must provide proof of address.
- If you have been allocated to us please bring the letter from the Health Board.